Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Runnin' - Hoping to Have a Blast

The song in my head right now is Summer Lovin' from Grease, hence the title of this post! We have been having AMAZING weather here in the Pacific Northwest (knock on wood x1000) and the June Gloom is no where to be found...so far. This is doing wonders for my running which I actually enjoy when the weather is just about perfect.

I'm not sure I've updated my blog peeps on my summer running schedule have I?  What started out as a maybe I'll run Ragnar this year has turned into a summer FULL of races and relays and I couldn't be more excited.  I'm just hoping my motivation to run lasts me through this stretch ;).

In Ragnar Ultra training news I did my first sort of back to back long run this weekend, as evidenced by Instagram and my Garmin.

Saturday/Sunday
The 6 miles on Saturday was also after standing on my feet for 6 hours straight at a science expo which started the development of a teeny tiny blister on my pinky toe. Add 12 miles on Sunday and that blister was FULL blown at the end.  But on the positive side, the 12 miles felt pretty good and I think I could have pulled off a few more miles if I had to.  I woke up this morning with some tightness in my legs and they are a little tired but nothing major...Ragnar Ultra training WIN!

So, yeah back to my summer running schedule...here is what is on docket, please join me where you can!

June 22 - Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon - technically I'm not registered for this yet but Online Shoes and Brooks offered me a free VIP entry...NO CLUE how I got hooked up with that but I feel kind of badass now ;)

serious blogger action at the 2012 RnR Seattle start line!
July 14 - See Jane Run Half Marathon - I found out I was chosen as an ambassador for See Jane Run like a month ago so this race suddenly found it's way onto my calendar.  I'm excited to run on the very familiar to me turf of Lake Union and be inspired by all the ladies around me.  There is a chance I might have a race entry to giveaway so stay tuned but in the meantime you can use discount code SJRSEAAMB13 for 10% off.

July 19-20 - Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage - I'm sure I'll be boring you with many many details about this over the next month, but if you are on the fence about registering a team the deadline is TODAY, so get on that!

2011 Ragnar Relay team
August 18 - Lake Union 10K - I ran this last year with some #NUUNKOTB friends and it is an easy course with huge potential for a PR.  PLUS, it benefits Girls on the Run Puget Sound, it's a no brainer!

Megan, Stacie, Meghan before 10K
September 27-28 - Ragnar Relay Adirondacks with NUUN! My favorite hydration company partnered up with my favorite relay company and voila...a match made in heaven.  Since I'm lucky enough to be a Nuun ambassador I get the chance to run in a relay with them this year. I'm excited to meet some East Coast Nuun lovers and run in the state I was born in.

PHEW, I'm going to be tired after this summer!

Question: What race are you most looking forward to this summer? Am I missing any super awesome races I NEED to sign up for?


No comments: