Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Start Trainin - Ultra Style

I have no idea what I am doing. I have never really followed any subscribed to any plan before and I don't intend on starting, but I really have no clue what to do to prepare myself to run 34.4 miles over a 24 hour period, many of those miles of which are pretty hilly.  I'll be sure to bore you all with maps of all my runs in the near future so we can break them down together :).

I've trained (using that term loosely) for 10 half marathons and 1 full marathon and haven't died trying yet or even hit any significant walls so I figure my general running plan or just getting out there at least 3 days a week works pretty well for me. BUT, I have never run this kind of mileage before so I'm going to set weekly plans for myself to get me to July 19-20.

I also can't forget I'm running the See Jane Run half marathon the week before Ragnar on July 14. I'm  excited to be one of their newest ambassadors so I want to do them proud by giving it my all.  I don't think there is going to be a PR attempt but I still want to run my best before giving myself a short break before Ragnar.

So...I'm just going to take this training on a weekly basis depending on my schedule for each week.  I plan on getting up to a 16 mile long run and incorporating some twice a day runs to prep.

Let the countdown begin...

9 WEEKS TILL SEE JANE RUN HALF
10 WEEKS TILL RAGNAR ULTRA

Here is what is on tap for this week - May 13-19



I already went to Barre class so I'm 1 for 1 for the week so far...yahoo!

This post is pretty boring picture wise so please enjoy a picture of Stacey before she got out of bed this morning, I can't stand the cuteness and especially when she lays with all her paws in a pile like that :).



QUESTION: Any suggestions for Ragnar Ultra training?  Should I run longer than 16 miles at one time? My longest run during Ragnar is 12.3 miles with a total mileage of 34.4.

No comments: