Thursday, December 27, 2012

6 Weeks Til Sedona Half Marathon

Last week's recap coming way late since I enjoyed being unplugged for Christmas! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!


Here is what was tentatively planned:


Week of December 17th - 7 weeks till Sedona Half Marathon!
Monday - REST - my body it TIRED from last week, plus I need to make cookies!
Tuesday - Treadmill hill run
Wednesday - Boot camp
Thursday - Boot camp
Friday - Short run
Saturday - Might do an AM gym class or Flywheel...but maybe not :)... and travel home for Christmas!!
Sunday - 8-9 mile long run

Here is what I did!


Monday - REST

Tuesday - 3 mile treadmill run
1 mile warmup at 0% incline
.25 run at 3.0% incline
.25 run at -0.5%
Repeat until I reached 3 miles

Wednesday - Boot Camp
30 seconds work/15 seconds rest x4 each superset with one minute rest between supersets.  For example: do 1a for 45 seconds, rest 15, then do 1b for 45 seconds, rest 15.  Do 4 rounds before your 1 minute rest and do the same circuit for 2, 3 and 4.

1a Split Squat - Right leg
1b Split Squat - Left leg

2a Pull up
2b Kettlebell Row

3a Cable hold
3b Med ball tosses

4a Pilates ball roll out
4b Sled pull

Thursday - Boot Camp
45 seconds work/15 seconds rest - 4 rounds total
  • Dumbbell deadlift - I started with about 65 pounds but the trainer made me try 95 and just do them really really slowly
  • Dumbbell rows from a plank - I used 20 pound dumbbells
  • Side plank with cable pullout - get into a side plank next to a cable machine.  Pick up the cable with your free arm and extend over your head with your arm straight out - you need really really light weight for this.
  • Battlerope on your knees - YIKES this one was really hard
  • Pushups to knees to chest - we did this with a slider board but you can also put your feet in the TRX straps and do a pushup then bring your knees to your chest to work your abs
  • TRX rows - keep your elbows in as you row up
  • Jump rope
  • REST
Man, I'm tired just typing that, I can't believe I did that!  45 seconds may not seem like a lot but when doing these types of workouts where the trainer always encourages us to "lift heavy"it seems like an eternity!

Friday - REST
I was too sore from boot camp to run on Friday so I pushed it to Saturday.

Saturday - 4 mile treadmill run
Pretty boring treadmill run but I did increase the speed every time a commercial came on :).

Sunday - 8 mile long run

Ran at home in Eastern Washington.  It look quite a few miles before I warmed up and felt good running but after a few miles I got in my groove and actually enjoyed the fact that I had more than 6 miles on the schedule...I think I'm beginning to love this running thing again :).

Since we are pretty much done with this week already I'm not going to make a plan but I did run on Christmas day...in a blizzard!  No idea what I was thinking but the pup and I enjoyed a little 3 mile jog and none of my toes fell off even though they were cold and wet.

Question: Did you run on Christmas? Was your Christmas white?



No comments: