Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Pumpkin Mania

Yeah yeah yeah I know every other blogger and person in the world is obsessed with pumpkin right now and I am more than happy to be right there with them.  It's funny how you can actually buy canned pumpkin all year round in most grocery stores but I seem to forget about it until the fall.

There are literally thousands of things you can make with pumpkin but here are three that I've made recently and loved!

1. Crockpot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from Skinny Taste - I first made this for my parents when I was home for the weekend and they loved it.  The pumpkin flavor isn't too strong but it makes the chili really creamy tasting which I loved.  Plus, it's super super simple to make.  I only used a 1lb package of turkey meat to cut down on the cost a bit and it was more than enough.  I made it again at the beginning of this week and have been eating it all week long!  It tastes even better the next day.

source
2. Pumpkin Spiced Coconut Macaroons from The Urban Poser - I made this pretty much as is but subbed agave for the honey and used a little less of it.  I think you could actually get away with no added sweetener if you wanted since the coconut and chocolate chips add some sweetness.

source
3. Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie from Carrot 'n' Cake - At the bottom of the post is this delicious smoothie and although cold weather doesn't really scream smoothie to me this was an amazing treat after a really hard gym intervals class I took one morning.  It was super creamy and really tasted like pumpkin pie.

source
Of course there are a TON of other pumpkin recipes I plan on trying out this season.  One of my new favorite local bloggers, Sarah, has made pumpkin gnocchi, pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin cookies...I think we are soul mates!

One of the only recipes I actually kind of made up on my own contains pumpkin, Oatmeal Pumpkin Protein Bars.  I highly recommend adding chocolate chips to this recipe as well!

QUESTION: Do you love pumpkin or are you just tired of seeing it EVERYWHERE?  I recently picked up the three pack of huge cans of pumpkin from Costco so my obsession isn't stopping anytime soon.

No comments: