Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Whole Living Cleanse - Week 3

I'M DONE. I DID IT. I DIDN'T EVEN CHEAT. HOORAY!

Read week 1 and 2 first if you care...

I can honestly say I'm super proud of myself for sticking with this cleanse for 21 straight days! Week 3 was definitely the hardest even though I could eat the most foods (addition of eggs and gluten free grains).  I felt like I was more hungry this week than any of the other weeks, but I powered through and filled up with hummus, sunflower seed butter, avocado, grains and eggs!

To recap week 3:

WHAT have I been eating:

Breakfast - every single day two eggs with roasted potatoes and some watermelon...pretty sure I can never get old of this combo and I look forward to it every morning.

Snacks - every morning snack consists of banana with sunflower seed butter and most afternoon snacks are veggies with homemade black bean hummus.

Lunch - dinner leftovers or a tuna salad with avocado and whatever veggies I have on hand. I smash the avocado in with the tuna in place of mayo, delicious!

Dinner - dinner has been the most fun since I got to work with grains this week but the week started off with a visit from the lovely Becky where I wowed her with my cooking skills (not really but apparently she doesn't get out much...hehe) and made this Mexican Spaghetti Squash with Avocado Cream that I already told you all to go make right now, so do it!  It is super fast, even when your spaghetti squash rolls out of the oven and topples your sauté pan full of veggies on to the kitchen floor and you have to start all over again...true story!
The first round was red and green peppers...THANK goodness I had two extra peppers!
Leftovers got topped with salmon and a side of sautéed green beans.

My other creation for the week was the Lemony Quinoa with Shrimp and Sautéed Greens!

HOW I've been feeling:

I honestly felt like I was hungry ALL THE TIME.  I was definitely eating a lot and not depriving myself of food at any given time but just never felt satisfied.  Adding grains helped a bit but I can't help but think my body is craving some major protein from MEAT :).  I'm all for protein from beans and grains like quinoa but my body doesn't really love too many beans...if ya know what I mean ;).  I am looking forward to adding back some chicken and red meat in my life this week.

EXERCISE?

There were quite a few walks with one super intense Tabata class thrown in.  No real exercise plan still but just doing what I feel like.  On Friday I busted out this workout I recently pinned and it took just under 30 minutes and got me sweating just enough.
From Peanut Butter Fingers blog
So, now that I'm done with this 21 days of "cleansing" what is next?  Well, I'm not entirely sure but I do know I want to try and avoid caffeine, added sugar and most dairy for a while to see how long I can keep up this amazing SKINNY feeling.  I'll be back soon with my final thoughts about this plan and what's next for me in the exercise arena (I still need to figure that out!).

QUESTION:  What healthy habits did you try that have stuck around with you?

No comments: