Friday, July 6, 2012

Race Recap: 1st Annual 4th of July Mimosa 10K Fun Run

Okay, while this wasn't a "real" race it was still just as fun...plus I knew everyone in the race and we all won ;).  Nicole from Ricole Runs always has some great ideas (running a 50K and Half Ironman not being one of them) and this one was born on twitter and ended up with a fun group of girls running a 10K the morning of July 4th.

Anya, Rebecca, Me, Lindsay, Becky, Robyn, Jordanne, Nicole
Summer decided to arrive right on time on July 4, as it tends to do, so even at 10AM the sun was blazing and I was warm!  We all met at Gene Coulon Park in Renton and ran along Lake Washington Blvd for a super official out and back 10K.  I really have no idea how long I actually ran or how far since we kind of ended up split up towards the end but it doesn't matter...it was a ton of fun.  I got to meet some awesome new blog and non-blog ladies.  Not only are they all great runners but they boast job titles such as Pediatric Psychiatrist, Principal, Web Producer...and on and on...smart and fit!
I ditched the leg sleeves before the run cause I'm not sure I really understand their use plus I didn't want weird tan lines :)
Poor Becky from Run Fun Done is still on the injured list and still met us to attempt to bike with us and her super cute pup Ada, but they wouldn't let her in the park since there were going to be fireworks there later that night.  Luckily, she scoped out a park nearby and we all met after for eating and drinking mayhem!

Ada the Dog :)
And boy did we EAT! Nicole brought mimosas and we had breakfast casserole, caramel buns, coffee cake, funfetti dip, fruit, pasta salad and I know I'm missing much much more.  Everything was delicious and we vowed to try and make this a monthly occurrence!


I left with a full belly, a smile on my face and some sun on my skin...couldn't ask for more!  The rest of the holiday was spent with some friends at a place near Lake Union to watch the big show! We basically sat around and ate and drank for 6 hours waiting for the fireworks to start.  My friend captured and put together this pretty amazing collage of our fun :)

Lake Union, jello shots, flag headwear, fireworks, and USA shirts...Go America!
Run + friends + food + drinks + fireworks = Perfect 4th of July!

Question: Who out there is as excited as me that summer has finally decided to arrive in Seattle? NO complaining about how HOT it is...ever!

1 comment:

Ricole Runs said...

Let's do it again next week!! Love that picture of me downing some mimosa! :-) HA! Happy weekend!