Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Plea for Help - Girls on the Run 5K!

I interrupt regularly scheduled blogging to bring you this important plea for help!
5K WEBSITE
We need volunteers for the Girls on the Run 5K THIS Saturday, May 19.  I talked a lot about the organization and how you can get involved here, so read up and see if this is something you would like to get involved with...believe me, you will!

We still have 19 volunteer spots to fill!  Go to the volunteerspot website and put in your email address to see the positions available. NOTE: After you click on the May 19 date on the calendar it appears to take a while for the whole list to be seen so wait a minute and then scroll down.  The last spot on the list is U-Haul.

If you want to put on your Team Sparkle skirt and cheer on the girls as they run the 5K course sign up to be a Course Cheerleader from 9:15-11:30AM.  You get to hand out mile prizes to the girls and motivate them up the hills of Seward Park.  If you plan on sleeping in on Saturday come help us take all the stuff back to storage and sign up for U-Haul Caravan to Return Supplies.

I will be there all day setting up the course, putting cheerleaders in place and taking down the course.  Let me know if you sign up and I'd love to meet you!

I will be back later this week with a "real" blog post but in the meantime I'm just trying to soak up every once of sun Seattle has decided to throw our way!


Question: Who is singing up to help this weekend? :)

1 comment:

Ricole Runs said...

Did you fill all the spots??? I seriously CAN'T WAIT for Saturday. Today at practice I was hyping the girls up good. :-)