Monday, November 7, 2011

LiveFit Trainer Week 3 Recap

Okay, so here is my attempt to keep you interested people updated on my fitness life and keep me motivated to continue this program!  As mentioned in my last post, I started Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer a few weeks back and since I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with it for the 12 weeks I figured I'd tell you all about it so you can yell at me when I miss workouts...okay?
source

Week 3 on the website looks like this:

source
My week 3 looked like this:

Monday: Chest & Triceps
Weeks 1 and 2 had you doing this workout first thing in the week and I liked that, so I switched it up.  I especially like this program because the exercises change a bit every 2 weeks so I never get bored, plus I'm getting to figure out all the equipment in my gym which is a fun challenge.  I especially like that doing 10 pushups in a row doesn't really even hurt anymore :).

Tuesday: Element 5 Bootcamp Class
I switched it up and went to Element 5 where my good friend Linden teaches boot camp.  During week's 3 and 4 Jamie tells you to work out one body part twice, so I figured I would just do the boot camp instead of that.  The class consisted of circuit type weight training and some cardio bursts at the end...per usual I left drenched in sweat. 

Wednesday: Back & Biceps
Warmed up with a quick 10 minutes on the elliptical and then got to work.  Another thing I love about the first phase is you are in and out of the gym in less than an hour.   Jamie tells you to stick to a minute or less between sets and my gym has a HUGE clock in the middle of it so this makes it easy for me and gets me out of the gym quicker.

Thursday: Shoulders & Abs
I have to admit I rushed through this workout and didn't do one of the shoulder moves.  But in my defense I just got done playing 50 minutes of indoor soccer so my body was already tired.  The place where I play soccer and my gym are literally connected so I didn't have an excuse for skipping out on this workout all together.

Friday: Legs...umm...rest
I was going to do legs on Friday but decided to rest instead since I was planning a hike up Tiger Mountain the following day, good decision on my part since the hike ended up being a leg workout itself!  I'll get to those legs next week!

So, I didn't get the legs workout done but hiking was a workout and on Sunday I worked out my toes by getting a post marathon pedicure...a month later.

Week 4 is the same as week 3 and I'll be making some adjustments to the schedule this week as well. 

Question: What weight training do you runners out there do?  How do you incorporate weight training when you are training for a race?

No comments: