Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An Ode To My Running Shoes

I said goodbye to my blue Adidas Supernova Glide running shoes this past weekend after they carried me through 16 pain free miles.  They will go into retirement in a growing pile of even older Adidas shoes in the back of my closet where they will probably never see the light of day or feel of pavement again.

Oh so shiny and new you once were...note Stacey's running "shoes" in the photo too

I would like to thank these shoes for carrying me through one of the best running years of my life so far:
  • Since April 2011 you have provided pain free support for almost 400 miles of running.
  • It felt great to have you there with me as we crossed the finish line of the 2011 Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon with a new personal record, 2:03!!
  • You were right there with me when I started training for a marathon and kept up with the large increase in mileage I piled on top of you.  
  • And how could I not forget personal distance records of 14 miles and 16 miles proving that yet again you are the best shoe for me...I'll never cheat on you...
But unfortunately, I do have to replace you for a younger model:
out with the old...
in with the new!

I usually run on shoes a little longer than these ones, but with a marathon in the looming distance I knew I had to break in a pair of new shoes to carry me through 26.2 miles.  So, I went to my trusty local running store, Road Runner Sports, and bought the latest version of my beloved Adidas that I know will not let me down during 26.2!

Question: What is your running shoe of choice?  Do you stay loyal to one brand? 

3 comments:

Raquelita said...

I am currently cheating on the Saucony running shoes that I usually wear, but I think I'll go back to them after this pair of Brooks Ghost 4s have seen me through the Chicago Marathon.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I am so loyal to my Asics kayanos! I keep thinking about cheating though.

kristin said...

Glad to see you didn't impulse buy those sneakers in NY. Looks like you made a better choice with the one's you did buy!