Monday, May 2, 2011

I wish I would have done more HILL training!

The Kirkland half marathon is this weekend and while we ran our 11.5 miler on a lot of the Kirkland course I'm still a little nervous...especially after mapping and seeing the HILL profile.  I don't mind a little hill challenge now and then but starting uphill in the very beginning and not getting a break for the first 1.5 miles is going to physically and mentally challenging!





Click "View Elevation" and please provide any advice for running a hill at the beginning of a half marathon!

2 comments:

Mrs. V said...

Good luck! Resist the urge to go out with the pack and stay slower than anticipated pace on the hills. Save your legs so you can speed up during the second half! Can't wait for the race report!

Marathon Lar said...

Thanks Erin! It is always a challenge for me to start out slow but hopefully the hills will make me run slow in the beginning.